Hello Everyone!!

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! It got really cold and snowy here the past few days! Anyway, remember the “30 Day Writing Challenge” I started? Well, I meant to continue it, but it’s just been really busy lately. I visited family for Christmas and I also got together with a friend. This also brings me to the new story – The Fall of an Empire. I am SO sorry that I’ve been late with the chapters! I just have to sort all my thoughts out on the storyline. Recently, I started writing and planning the exposition of the story.

*clears throat and claps* well, that about sums up my absence.

Today, I am writing day three of the challenge. I know, I kind of failed the challenge already by not writing for 30 days. But, I still want to try and complete it, even if I wasn’t totally “challenged.”

So, without further ado…

DAY THREE – A MEMORY

When I think of memories, my mind fills itself with a million. One that comes first though, is last year on New Year’s Eve. My parents and I took a Christmas trip to DisneyWorld. Obviously, this was before the COVID-19 pandemic and everything. But, it was a great trip and I’ll never forget how we spent the beginning of the new year.

My parents and I went to the Epcot theme park that night. We had reservations for a hibachi grill kind of place (where they cook the food in front of you). It was really cool! I can’t really remember what I ordered but I’m sure it was great because it was Disney! After we ate, we shopped a little bit. Then, we decided to leave and head back to the hotel. Either because I was tired or because the park was crowded with, um…crazy people.

We made it to the SkyTram, which would take us back to the hotel. It was like a train car in the sky, and it was really cool. By that time, it was inching toward midnight. And, the New Year’s ball drop. As we sat in the car, admiring the lights below, the clock ticked down. And, once it hit zero, it was 2020. My parents and I had experienced our first moment of 2020 in a SkyTram.

This is something I will probably never forget. It was the start of a new year – the year everyone thought was going to be the best since it was a new decade. Excluding the pandemic, this is a very special memory to keep close. Usually, people watch the ball drop on TV or try to catch it in New York! That was a special experience for me. One day, I can imagine myself telling my kids that my first moment of 2020 was in the sky.

I hope you enjoyed day three of the 30 Day Writing Challenge! Have a great day and stay tuned for The Fall of an Empire! Bye!!

2021 is soon to come!!🎉🎉

-Alivia😇💙✌🏻