For this week of the Student Blogging Challenge, I decided to complete task one, which was to write a prompt alongside with an emoji picture. I used Google Drawings to create the photo. This story is mostly based on true events, meaning the writer’s block part. The other details are added for dramatic effect.

Enjoy!!

Writer’s Block:

I sat at my computer. Nothing, I thought. I have nothing. My writer’s block was getting the best of me. It was keeping me from posting another chapter. And, it was 9:30 at night.

“But, I have to get this done,” I mutter.

My thoughts wandered far and wide. I kept thinking, but nothing sounded good. To me, at least. Eventually, I got tired and went to bed.

The next day I put my Fitbit on and started walking Nikki around the house. If I got 1,000 more steps, Mom would buy me Animal Crossing. Then, the thought hit me…

I had forgotten to write the next chapter.

“Oh no!” I screamed. “I forgot to write the next chapter!”

I ran inside and up the stairs into my room. I lay on my floor, thinking to myself; Will I ever be an author?

All of a sudden, I hear a knock on my door.

“Come in!” I yell.

It was my mom. “Hi, Sweetie,” She says as she blows on her coffee.

“Hi, Mom,” I reply.

She stares at my face. “What’s wrong?”

“What?”

“You’re my daughter. I can tell when something is troubling you.”

I sigh. “Well, I guess I think that I can’t be an author.”

“And why’s that?”

“I have a writer’s block, and it’s preventing me from writing a chapter. So, that makes me think that I don’t have what it takes to be like J.K Rowling or Stephanie Meyer.”

Mom chuckles. “Sweetie, you have written two books at the age of 13! You have everything it takes to be an author!”

“Really?” I ask her.

“Really! Now, let’s go watch some Disney movies.”

The next day, Mom joined me as I announced I finished my chapter. The idea hit me that very morning. I stared at my computer screen, proud of my accomplishment.

“It looks awesome!” Mom says.

I smile. “Yes, I think it’s finally ready to post.”

I clicked the button and just like that, I had another successful chapter posted.

At that very moment, the writer’s block was lifted too.

Have a great evening!

-Alivia😇💙✌🏻

4 thoughts on “😝😁Writer’s Block (An Emoji Prompt)😁😝”

1. G’day Alivia,
    Another great post. I could work out a bit of the story by looking at the emojis first, but you certainly incorporated them into a fantastic post. I often get writers block when trying to write the stories of my ancestors and getting away from the computer out into the fresh air will always help decide what I need to do.

1. Hi, Sue!

Thanks for the comment on my emoji prompt! I agree, fresh air always helps with decision.

Best wishes,

-Alivia

2. 👏👏👏👏👏 “whoooo! Yay! This post is awesome!!” *claps*
    Hi Alivia! Great post!
    I like the idea of writing the writers block too. It made me feel like I wasn’t the only one sometimes stuck with stories😂 And I can totally relate!
    I also really loved the emoji prompt that you made with google drawings. I’ve never really used it before, maybe now I’ll have to try it out!!!
    Have a great day!
    – Julia

1. Hi, Julia!

Thanks for commenting! I think it’s cool how you can relate to my writer’s block!😅

Also, this isn’t really in corresponding with this post, but I looked at your post about your new camera, and I found my old video recorder and saw some REALLY CRINGEY videos!😂😂

-Alivia