Hello Everyone!!

Since the school year will wrap up here in a couple of weeks, I thought about making a reflection about eighth grade. And because it’s the grade right before high school, I figured I would maybe give some tips, advice, and insight on my experience and what to expect. This year has been so opposite and different than the rest — might as well make a reflection!

I know most of my blogging friends are going into the eighth grade next year. So, Julia and Amelia, this song goes out to you! 😉🎤

E I G H T H  G R A D E

A  R E F L E C T I O N

Obviously, this year for learning hasn’t been like any other. Due to the worldwide pandemic, most schools began their school year online and slowly evolved to in-person learning. Luckily, my school was fortunate to start on the hybrid model (which was going half the week and alternating every Friday depending on the letter of your last name) and we quickly went to in-person full time. We had some fluctuations now and then when we went online if the weather was bad or if cases had gone up. But, we mainly stayed in person.

Classes had been a little more difficult this year than usual. Not just because of whatever learning style we were in, mainly because some of the classes I took this year were harder to understand or just not in my zone. Like the pre-engineering class I was forced against my will to take 😂 It was kind of difficult because I originally thought it would be like the technology class I took the year before but NO! It was really stressful. Also, building things with my hands isn’t my thing. Normally, the class would be in groups with the projects, but, thanks to COVID, we weren’t allowed to do that (which I am still irritated about because making things by myself was a living nightmare 😰😨)

This year, I had the opportunity to take a high school level course for math: algebra. This was normal because my school offers “advanced” classes for math and language arts. I was in the advanced classes last year for both and this year as well. Only this year, the “advanced” math class was algebra. And let me tell you, algebra is TERRIBLE! I mean, I like my teacher — she’s an amazing person! But math in general, especially algebra, is frightening😰😰😰

But actually, I have done well in that class so good job me! 😂

This year also, I have tried to decide who my “close friends” are. Now, my wise mother told me that I have plenty of time to decide who I want to keep close, which I agree with because I still have all of high school. This year, I have just had a hard time deciding that. Obviously, there were the girls I have known since elementary school I knew I wanted to keep close, but there were also girls who were people I would talk to in class. It has, and still is, something I am contemplating about. But, I know who I am going to stay close friends with now, and I still have all the time to decide who I am going to make bridesmaids at my wedding 😊😇

Also, I just want to say, whenever you’re in eighth grade, DON’T WORRY ABOUT GETTING A BOYFRIEND OR GIRLFRIEND. You don’t need one to be happy! All you need is your friends, a happy smile, books, and a positive outlook! Take it from a pro — don’t get yourself into a tizzy thinking that you “need” a boyfriend or girlfriend. You’ll know if you “need” one when the time comes. Even for me, I need to remind myself that sometimes.

Honestly, now that school has only a couple weeks left, I just want summer to come. I, truthfully, say this ALL THE TIME but it’s true! I just want to go to high school. But, I know (for everyone) you should never wish to grow up — live young and free-spirited while it lasts! I have to remind myself this a lot right now (especially since I really want a job now and I’m only 14 😂) But, enjoy your young life! You won’t be 13, 14, 15, 16, whatever age forever!

So, eighth grade, in conclusion, has been a good year. It wasn’t a typical school year for everyone, that was for sure, but I still have some memories that I will carry on into high school. For you upcoming eighth-graders — just be yourself! Enjoy being young! Don’t worry about getting a boyfriend or girlfriend because they’re not worth it. If you have an engineering class, brace yourself. As for algebra — AVOID IT AT ALL COSTS!!

I hope you enjoyed my little eighth-grade reflection! This year has been different, but it hasn’t been so bad. I hope you all had a great school year as well!

-Alivia🍎📚

2 thoughts on “📚🍎Eighth Grade — What’s it Like? | Eighth Grade Reflection 🍎📚”

1. Hey Alivia!
    Great reflection! Thanks for all the grade 8 advice 🤭 I’ll need it!! I’ll be staying in tune for more posts!

2. This was a great post! I’ll make sure to use your tips when I make my way to eighth grade 🙂